Spring is the perfect time for homeowners to get their HVAC system checked and make sure it can handle the spring and summer months. A pre-summer tune up can help keep your HVAC running smoothly, reduce repair costs, increase energy efficiency, and extend the life of your system. Having a properly functioning HVAC system will not only be more comfortable but ensures good indoor air quality (IAQ). Get ahead of summer this spring and make sure your HVAC system is ready for the warmer weather.
What Is a Spring HVAC Tune-Up?
A spring HVAC tune-up involves an HVAC technician performing an inspection to ensure that your heating and air conditioning system is in top condition and prepared to handle the spring and summer months. The technician will thoroughly clean and inspect components such as:
- Air filters (changing if necessary)
- Electrical connections
- Refrigerant levels
- Evaporator coil
- Blower components
- Condenser coil
- Drain lines
- Condenser fan
Why Spring HVAC Tune-Ups Are Necessary
As a homeowner, you probably know that regular heating and air conditioning system maintenance is important to keep your home’s HVAC system in top condition. However, you may not know how vital and necessary it is. The following are the main reasons why spring HVAC tune-ups are not only important but also necessary:
- Avoid Breakdowns – Modern HVAC units can last up to 15 years, but individual parts can wear out and cause system failure. A spring tune-up by a licensed HVAC pro can help identify small issues that may lead to larger problems, helping to avoid breakdowns at inconvenient times.
- Improve Energy Efficiency – An unmaintained HVAC can lead to costly energy use. Well-maintained HVAC systems run closer to factory specifications, which not only saves money but is better for the environment. The U.S. Department of Energy and EPA recommend annual HVAC maintenance for optimal performance and efficiency.
- Save Money – An HVAC tune up is an affordable option compared to expensive repairs. Poor maintenance can lead to costly repairs, so regular maintenance is essential for a long lifespan. Professional help is often the best way to identify problems that could shorten an HVAC’s lifespan. A tune-up can result in lower electric bills and protection of one of the largest investments in a home.
- Improve Indoor Air Quality – Improved energy efficiency helps the environment and your wallet, but indoor air quality is just as important. IAQ relates to occupant health and comfort in buildings or structures. An HVAC tune up can help reduce pollutants and biological contaminants, which are linked to illnesses in the home. Poor indoor air quality has been linked to "sick building syndrome," a collective term for chronic illnesses related to IAQ.
- Avoid Warranty Problems – Most HVAC systems come with a parts warranty of at least five years. Many dealers offer extended warranties of up to 10 years or more. In some cases, documentation of annual maintenance (tune-ups) may be required to maintain the warranty.
Contact Our HVAC Tune-Up Specialists in Richmond Today!
Scheduling a spring tune-up is an easy way to enjoy energy saving benefits and peace of mind throughout the spring and summer. At Blazer Heating, Air, and Plumbing, our licensed and insured HVAC technicians have been conducting HVAC tune-ups for homeowners in Richmond and its surrounding communities for years. Our tune-ups can help to identify potential issues, extend the life of the unit, and maximize your HVAC’s efficiency while reducing energy costs.
To learn more about Blazer Heating, Air, and Plumbing, check out our customers’ reviews.
For more information about the importance of HVAC tune-ups, or to speak with our HVAC experts in Richmond about your situation, call us at (804) 277-2458 or get in touch with us online today. We offer VIP HVAC maintenance plans, financing, and discounts!