If you find that your health is suffering, your skin is dry, your allergies are constantly bothering you, and many other issues are impacting you in your own home, a humidifier may be able to provide you with much-needed relief. These devices are an inexpensive way to improve the air quality in your home, which can have numerous benefits for your health and dramatically improve your quality of life. Here are ten benefits you may be able to see by using a humidifier.
1. Reduced Infection Risk. Moist air is more difficult for bacteria and viruses to travel through, so a humidifier could potentially prevent you from getting sick via an airborne pathogen.
2. Improved skin health. Dry air takes moisture away from your skin, causing it to dry out, crack, and dull. A humidifier can help prevent these effects and even reverse aging effects to a limited extent.
3. Sinus relief. If your nose feels dry or tight, it could be that your sinuses have dried out, an effect that only gets exacerbated if you catch a cold. A humidifier helps prevent this condition and keep you more comfortable!
4. Faster healing. A humidifier can help reduce the length of your bout with a cold or the flu by keeping your throat and nose from drying out. It also reduces sneezing and coughing symptoms.
5. Healthier plants. Do you have plants around your home? If they’re not fake, they’ll greatly benefit from having moisture in the air, and likely need watering much less often.
6. Protected wood furniture. Dry air causes wood to rot quicker, particularly if it is unstained or unfinished. A humidifier helps preserve the integrity and structure of your wood furniture, making it last longer.
7. No more morning voice. If you wake up and find that your throat is sore and you tend to growl like a bear, it’s because the air in your home is drying out your vocal cords. A humidifier can help you wake up and sound like yourself.
8. Reduced heating bill. Moist air feels warmer than dry air, which means using a humidifier helps you run your heater less and saves you money on your energy bills.
9. Reduced static shocks. Do you absolutely loathe when you touch one of the doorknobs in your home and it shocks you? Dry air combined with friction is a breeding ground for static shock. A humidifier dramatically reduces the static in the air and lets you contact everything without worrying about sudden pain.
10. Improved sleep. If you or your partner snores heavily while sleeping, it could be because of the dry air impacting their sinuses and throat. A moist environment feels warmer (as previously mentioned), helps reduce storing, and can encourage a good night’s sleep.
If you need assistance with the heating or cooling system in your home, Blazer Heating and Air Conditioning has assisted the Greater Richmond community since 1989. We strive to provide the highest quality of customer service and competitive pricing for all of our Mechanicsville heating and air conditioning services, and we ensure you will be 100% satisfied with our work. Whether you need a system inspection or a full system replacement, Blazer Heating and Air Conditioning may be able to help.To learn more, call Blazer Heating and Air Conditioning today ta (804) 277-2458 and schedule your service appointment!